Hey guys, it’s been a while hasn’t it? Well, I’m back at it again! This time I’m going to be reviewing the newest game Nintendo has brought to the Pokémon fandom: New Pokémon Snap. At first I was a bit skeptical to try it, but I’m glad I did. Especially since I have a bit of a bias to photography. So, let’s get to it shall we?
- The detail on each Pokémon looks really cool and you can see everything from the markings on Arbok to Mangenium’s flower
- The habitats look really cool and with the travel through the environments, you feel like you’re actually in there.
- Minior crashes and the graphics when it crashes are amazing. The switch buzzes and it looks like an actual meteor has crash-landed.
- You can hear the Pokémon calls and be able to differentiate each Pokémon by it.
- The character voices are really cool. The option to hear it in either Japanese or English is much appreciated.
- Very crisp and clean.
- It’s really fun so far I like the photography in it hence Pokémon Snap.
- Thought it would be boring just taking pictures, but they make it very immersive and have little challenges, so it makes taking good pictures quite worthwhile.
- For example, there’s a grading system it goes off of. One star, two-star, three-star, and four stars. And depending on how well you do in the categories it gives you–for example placement or the Pokémon’s pose, the star rating will be higher or lower.
- One thing I would change though is I wish that you could control the ship that you’re in to get around. Either make it faster or slower and choose to stop it or not. Just so you can get better pictures. But then again, I see the challenge in it. Seeing that because the vehicle is in constant motion and you only have control over your camera, it’s a challenge to get a good picture and find Pokémon in general. So, in a way, this is a good tactic to make the game more entertaining and fun. So basically, a negative becomes positive in the long run.
- It’s a really fun game. I’ve never tried the Pokémon Snap games before, so I was pretty skeptical. But I’m glad I picked this game up. It really makes the photographer in me really happy. And it’s different than what I’ve played before so it’s a refreshing difference. I would highly recommend this game to whoever is looking for a casual, relaxing, and all-around fun game. Especially when it comes to Pokémon.
Overall Score: 29/30
So, there you have it guys! What did you think about that score? Agree with it? Disagree with it? I’d love to hear y’alls thoughts!
And lastly, if you wanna support The Rebel Fae and my writing and cosplay ventures feel free to drop a Ko-fi my way! This time’s goal is getting my Harley Quinn cosplay up and running once more. It means a lot to me to re-try this cosplay after having some emotional struggles with it a while back. So, any help is amazing! Just click here!
That’s all for now…
Rebel Fae out!