Hey guys and welcome to this week’s What the Bleep Am I Doing? Rebel’s Guide To: This week I’ll be talking about how to design/wigs. This will be part one of quite a few—because let’s be honest here, there is a lot to cover when it comes to styling wigs so it will have to span a few articles to get all of the tips in there eheh. So, let’s start out with the first couple of things I’ve learned when it comes to styling wigs. So, without further ado, let’s get going!
- Use small tooth comb and brush against the hair strands in a mediumly fast pace underneath the strands to create really cool spikes or a more “fluffy” sort of texture. Make sure you brush towards the wig base instead of the tips. Else wise you’ll just be smoothing it out.
- For hair spray I highly recommend Got 2 Be Glued. I stand by this brand it has helped me so much. It has a really good firm hold so that way the style you have created won’t deform.
- For really pointy tips on the short wigs, twist the ends of the points you create—you can create really good points with that brushing technique, use styling gel or paste and twist the fibers together and it will create a really nice and clean point.
- To remove wefts—looks really hard, but surprisingly it’s not. Take a seam ripper and find the beginning of the weft you want to remove. You can find this by spreading the strands apart so you can see each row of wefts sewn into the base. Take the seam ripper and start in the middle and slowly make your way out make sure you stay on the same strand else it will get really messy.
- Use a reference for your character—it will save you time trust me. Don’t eyeball it.
- Use a wig head and wig stand it will save a lot of frustration and make the styling that much easier for you.
Well, that’s all I have for this part Wouldn’t want to overwhelm you guys. But I promise there wil be more parts to come! There is a lot to wig styling. So stay tuned my friends! And if you have any questions feel free to ask! I’m always happy to help.
Lastly if you wanna support The Rebel Fae and my writing and cosplay ventures feel free to drop a Ko-fi my way! This time’s goal is getting my Harley Quinn cosplay up and running once more. It means a lot to me to re-try this cosplay after having some emotional struggles with it a while back. So, any help is amazing! Just click here!
Well, that’s all for now…
Rebel Fae out!