Hey everyone and welcome to other Rebellious Reviews! This time I will be reviewing the newest movie that Disney has graced us with: Cruella. The backstory of one of Disney’s most infamous villainess’. And boy oh boy was this a ride. I can only describe it has the legend Tony Stark has once said. “Drop your socks and put on your crocks we’re about to get wet on this ride.” So let’s get to it shall we?
- Amazing and thrilling at every turn.
- You find yourself on the edge of your seat just waiting to see what Cruella will do next.
- Not a storyline that is predictable by any means
- It gives a look into the Disney Villainess that actually makes you understand her on some level.
- Gives a backstory to her that you never thought you needed.
- Never a dull moment.
- You are sucked into the story from the very first moment and keeps your attention.
- The setting and costumes are beautiful and very well done. They add to the story very well and put depth to the characters.
- We get a beautiful look into the fashion world that Cruella immersed herself into and has shaped her greatly.
- When we are taken to the main house of “The Baroness” the biggest fashion house before Cruella becomes a big name in fashion herself, the camera angles that are used to show the fashion house do a good job of showing the layout, but I must say they are quite dizzying. I found myself having to close my eyes till the camera shots ended.
- In the most dramatic moments, the camera angles we’re given add immensely to the scene and set the tone perfectly and add to the drama.
- Our main heroine/villainess Cruella. Let’s just say that wasn’t really her name to begin with. She get’s so much character development throughout, that you can’t help but end up rooting for her in some way or another.
- Horace and Jasper. Yea…Horace is still an idiot, but he is definitely more lovable this time around. So is Jasper. They’re actually friends with Cruella in the beginning of her journey. One can only imagine what happens to their friendship after the dust settles hypothetically speaking.
- “The Baroness”. Where do I even start? If we thought Cruella was bad eventually. Hah! This woman makes her look like a puppy!
- Overall, the characters are amazing and have depth like no other. I am really happy at how the characters both new and old were portrayed.
Fan Girl Thoughts
- Disney has done it again! They have made me like yet another villain. And respect her!
- I love how intricate they made her story it makes me wanna watch the movie ten times over.
Overall score: 39/40
All in all, this was a fantastic movie. Maybe a few things here and there that I would have changed but it more than deserves this score. What to do you guys think? Do you agree, or have other opinions? I’d love to hear them!
Well, that’s all for now…
Rebel Fae out!