Hey guys! Welcome to this week’s What the Bleep Am I Doing?! Rebel’s Guide To…This time I’m going to be talking about creating details on your projects with Worbla! At first, it may seem hard but once you get the hang of it, you can do it and make pretty sweet designs! So, let’s get right down to it eh? I’m sure I wasn’t the only one who struggled with this so I’m more than happy to provide some insight to make creating that much easier. Without further ado, let’s go!
- Safety first! Use either rubber finger protectors or heat-safe gloves so you don’t burn yourself. Trust me it’s not fun to heat a piece of Worbla up and try to work with it only to be burned the instant you try to even pick it up. Be careful with that heat gun nozzle too—if you’re using one with a metal nozzle, it can get extremely hot.
- Mark the points you want the Worbla to go on your project. And if you can, draw out what you want it to look like too. This will make your life ten times easier trust me.
- Take your Worbla and cut out approximately the size of Worbla you want your shape/detail to be.
- Use your heat gun on the lowest setting and heat it up—be careful don’t bun yourself make sure to use heat gloves or rubber finger protectors, mush up the piece of Worbla into a ball and either roll it out if you need a snake or you can shape it into whatever you want to now, since it’s in a much more useable shape
- For example, with my Leafeon armor I’m working on, I rolled out the Worbla piece and shaped it into branches.
- And if you wanna attach the Worbla to your EVA foam, more Worbla, or anything really just slightly heat up your detail on the lowest setting and apply it to your project with a small amount of pressure. And if need be, apply heat to the project itself just to cement the Worbla for a stronger hold.
That’s all I have for now, but I’m sure that with future projects I will definitely find more ways to work with this material and make amazing details galore! So stay tuned my friends! And if you have any questions on part one right here feel free to ask! I’d be more than happy to answer anything and everything!
Lastly, if you wanna support Rebel Fae and get exclusive access to things such as work in progress posts and stories I don’t post here or anywhere else, hop over to my Ko-fi page and donate. I’m eternally grateful for all that y’all do for me, you guys give me the strength to keep going so thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Catch y’all next week…
Rebel Fae out!